SEPTEMBER 28th, 2022, 1:00 - 2:00 PM (US EASTERN TIME). We are living through a mercurial period wherein the relationship between higher education and the public sphere is full of uncertainty. Bridging the gap between the academy and the world has become ever more challenging. In this environment, how might scholars build inclusive partnerships with civil society through innovative methods of public engagement? This dialogue between International Relations scholars and members of Johns Hopkins’ SNF Agora Institute will explore the issues and consider practical ways forward.
Moderator: Robbie Shilliam (Professor of International Relations, Johns Hopkins University)
- Kelebogile Zvobgo (Assistant Professor of Government, William & Mary)
- Hahrie Han (Stavros Niarchos Foundation Professor of Political Science and Director, SNF Agora Institute)
- Henry Farrell (SNF Agora Professor of International Affairs, Johns Hopkins University)
- Joshua Busby (Associate Professor of Public Affairs, University of Texas at Austin)
- Sithembile Mbete (Senior Lecturer, Department of Political Science, University of Pretoria)
Registration for this event is available here: https://isanet-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_glj0QTm3QoiHC0QdCKhaUw.