Dear Colleagues and GSCIS Community,
Are you and your institution interested in hosting the 3rd GSCIS Conference in 2023? We are extending the deadline until late November!
Ideally, GSCIS conferences will take place in different regions of the Global South each time, but individuals and organizations from other parts of the world are also welcome to apply. We are currently inviting bids from parties wishing to host the 3rd GSCIS Conference in 2023.
The new, extended deadline for submitting bids is Wednesday 30th November 2022.
Bids should include the following information:
- Brief description of the location and why it would be ideal for the GSCIS conference;
- Proposed dates with alternatives; *
- Local organizing committee (at least, provisional), including the name, affiliation, position and contact information of the main person in charge;
- Venue for the conference (university campus, off-campus, etc.) and a brief summary of available facilities, including capacities for plenary and parallel sessions, small meeting rooms, catering, etc;
- Internet access and audiovisual equipment;
- Mobility access;
- Information about transportation (flight, train and other connections) and accommodation (hotels, campus housing, etc.) with estimated prices;
- Potential for local sponsorship from both public and private entities (e.g., discounted airfare tickets, reduced hotel rates, tourist attractions, etc.);
- Rough budget estimates in USD;
- Bids should be sent to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30, 2022. In the subject line, please indicate: “Bid to host GSCIS conference”.
* Please note that ISA HQ and other sections are planning to hold their postponed 2020-21 conferences in the summer of 2023. Some of these will take place in the Global South, so to avoid potential conflicts due to overlapping dates and locations, we encourage interested parties to contact the GSCIS Chair or any Executive Committee member and let us know their intentions so we can discuss in advance all the important details.
- The GSCIS Executive Committee will select the conference venue after careful consideration of all bids. Please note that we strive for regional representation and geographic diversity when selecting venues.
- Once the venue has been selected, we will contact the winning bidder immediately to facilitate the operational and organizational process, including at the ISA Headquarters.
Please direct all inquiries and correspondence regarding bids to GSCIS Chair Aigul Kulnazarova, email@example.com or Executive Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org.